Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have a medical emergency and I am up for disconnection for non-payment?

Customers who have a medical emergency may postpone service disconnection for up to 21 days. Your condition must be certified by a physician, public health, social services or law enforcement official which identifies the emergency condition or situation that exists in the home. Please fax, email, or bring the form to our office.

Medical Extention Form

What do I do if I have an emergency or outage after hours?

In case of an emergency or to report an outage, you can call our 24 hour service line at 715-423-6310.

Can you explain the different charges on my bill?
Is there a budget program available?

There is a budget program available for residential customers. The budget is based on the average usage at the property in the preceding 12 months. Call 715-423-6300 during our regular business hours to speak with a customer service representative.

What areas do you service?
Can I make a payment arrangement on my past due balance?

We will make arrangements on past due balances. However if an arrangement is broken, you may not be eligible for another arrangement for the next 12 months.

Can you test water for bacteria and nitrates?
Do you take care of branches that may be on the line?

We do take care of branches if they are interfering with the electric service line. If you are inquiring about a tree removal at your property near a service line, please contact our service department at 715-423-6310 and we can determine if the line should be dropped during the process.

Who do I call if a street light or traffic light is out or not functioning properly?

You can contact our service department at 715-423-6310.

What should I do if my service or mast is damaged?

Below are two examples of a broken mast or service. If the service to your home is damaged, you will need to hire an electrician to repair it. Once repairs are made, please contact our service department at 715-423-6310 and we will re-attach the line.

How does Water Works & Lighting Commission set its rates?

Electric and water rates are set by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin through a rate case in which the utility requests pricing to cover its costs of providing the service.

Do I need to contact Diggers Hotline before beginning an outdoor project?

Yes! No matter how big or small the job, you are required by law to contact Diggers Hotline at least three working days before digging. Call 811 or click on the link below.